About two weeks ago Delys and I went out to an orchard to get into the spirit of autumn. We bought some "seconds" of pears (and we canned them) and picked some delicious apples. We were clueless on what type of apple to pick so we just ran through the whole orchard tasting all the different breeds. We decided we liked the Empire apples the best, they taste good and are not foamy.

They had a huge petting zoo with goats, bunnies, chickens and pigs. Katie got a kick out of that. We also got some more cider and tried cider doughnuts. Apparently they make the dough with cider or something. It's really good.
I stole this picture of myself from Delys' blog. Her mother-in-law knitted that head band and gave Delys, Katie and I one. Pretty cool! Thank you!
Katie loved picking the apples and it was hard not to get her to pick up the rotting ones with the bees in them. It was a fun day.




No comments:
Post a Comment