Monday, March 11, 2013

Photography Tips & Tricks

There's a lot of things that I have learned about photography since  I have started.  Here are some basic tips and tricks that might help you.  To my friends who already know this, I'm glad your so advanced, but I'm just sharing the knowledge with those less fortunate.  And I am not some expert either, so don't think that I am.

1. Using Mat board as a backdrop.  Very inexpensive and is stored easily.
2. One person in the photo? Shoot at f2.5 or higher (smaller hole).    For each additional person increase the f a stop or two.  Sometimes it is hard to get right, please don't blur out your subject by going too low.  I still struggle with this problem sometimes.
3. The page of this magazine.  You can read the rest of the article here.
4. Shooting stuff in cages or through a window?  Press your camera all the way up to it to get rid of the stuff in your way.
5. You want bokeh in your pics?  Look for lights, water droplets or anything that will catch highlights, and put them varying distances away from your lens blurred especially the in the blurry areas.    and lower your f stop. 
6. Ever wonder why you look weird in pictures sometimes?  It's usually because the picture is warped.  At 55 mm and above there is no warping, but as soon as you go below that it starts warping and warping until you have a full on fish eye effect going on (8mm).  So if you don't like it, any chance you get keep it near 50.  you might have to back up but it will solve the problem and more true to real life.
7.  The red ring around some of the Canon lenses means it's the cream of the crop.
8.  Are you a little bit crazy and a little bit cheap?  You might like a lensbaby but I've never tried one myself.  I want to, it seems a little loco...

And speaking of photography stuff this is funny, you so tricky dove.
yay for natural beauty


I will probably add to this list later but for now this is all I can think of.

No comments: