One of my favorite places to be is just a short walk and a jump from here. Which happens to be the warm waters of Virginia. I consider this place a home away from home since I spent almost half of my childhood here. I could take millions of pictures but I am afraid of taking my camera out on the water. We were here for a week and the water felt so nice contrasting against our triple digit weather.
Here's the view from our cove out to the main part of the lake.
I had forgotten how much I love to ride in the front of the boat.
Other boats on the dock, and the bass weed. And speaking of bass one of my favorite memories of the lake is seeing the bass tournament at the local marina. From our boat in the distance I loved to watch everyone race to their secret fishing spot and come back for the weigh in where everyone struggled to bring their flopping bag of bass to the weigh in.
I think McKay had fun too!
One of my most favorite things to do is swim eye level with the water and look at the light reflecting off the surface (it's even more fun when you do it while it's raining, during a sunset, underneath the water, or when you are the only one in the water and the water has turned into a smooth sheet of glass.) I would have loved to take a picture to show you what I was talking about but I was having too much fun.
Grammy and Papa, Aunt Linda, Nancy, Marissa, and Uncle Steve also came. It was after all a family reunion. And yes, I got sunburnt so bad, now I am peeling, peel peel... fun.
So McKay tried waterskiing for the first time and he is a quick learner. We also did some tubing and would have done some wake boarding but apparently the wakeboard is lost. Anyway here he is, and on his first try he got up! He has greatly improved since this video and now wants to try slalom skiing.
Who is this crazy?





1 comment:
Gorgeous! That looks like a little piece of heaven. I am inviting us for next summer ;) What a fun tradition you can start with Elli, I can see you guys going there every summer as a family. So sweet.
Post a Comment