Monday, May 14, 2012

Martha's Vineyard Jewelry Box Brainstorming

I went to an enormous yard sale and found this little beauty for $2.  My plan is to refinish it in a really creative way, a way that I am wayyy too scared to do on actual furniture but have always wanted to do.  Don't you love those little lion dudes?  they are pretty nice!
Here's the inside.  I plan on removing that red stuff on the inside and put in something more cute.  Is it a jewery box? or will it be a box for me to put pens, markers, and paintbrushes in... i don't know we will see.
 While I was doing a Google search for some quick inspiration I found this lady who  did this stuff in the picture below.  I think they are pretty creative  
They are like jewelry boxes Martha's Vineyard Gingerbread style.  



So I have decided that this is going to be my inspiration for my project.  Now i need to decide what color paint I am going to use and what other techniques I want to use as well.  I have that medium toned turquoise paint already.  So I could save money if I used it, it is pretty, and it looks great with other jewel tones (which I also really love.) 
 As far as techniques go, I know how to distress, crackle paint, modgepodge, stencil, antique, and probably some more things but I can't remember.  I like how this damask pattern fades in and out of the walls... so it's more subtle and not so "in-your-face"
I'm not sure what I am doing still but what do you think?

1 comment:

Braiden & Sharon Willey said...

SO many good ideas! I really like the ones that look like they have newspaper on the doors, I think thats cool, but whatever you do its going to be amazing!