Thursday, May 17, 2012

Flamenco awesome

For a while now I have coveted this awesome shower curtain from Anthropology pretty much just like everyone else.  But I'm not really sure how well it would stand up to humidity because I am worried about it being so heavy that it will mildew and be ruined. So I decided to use the layered ruffles in a different way.
In a crib skirt! Wooop Woop! So I followed THIS LADY's directions and it was super easy.  
I just had to do my own measurements because the crib that I have is a foldy kind.  And I wanted the skirt to "gently brush the ground" and as you know there is a big difference bettween that and just dragging on the ground.  
 After the measurements I made it!  It took me like 3 yards of fabric to make the whole thing.  And I just used white muslin.
 It adds just the right amount of fru fru don't you think? I'm one proud mama


2 comments:

Job and Rachael said...

Totally adorable, I love those ruffles!

Stephanie C. said...

Ooo, I like it! I guess I'll skip making one for Preston. It's not very manly. :)