so ellie is growing like a weed and she has outgrown the bassinet. So my mom pulled out an old crib she had so we could use it. It was covered in a sticky film, spiderwebs, and had some slats missing. She said that she was going to throw it away if I didn't take it so I decided to fix it.
I chose a turquoise color for the crib because I love the color and if I end up not liking it my baby will grow out of it and I'll hide it forever. But so far so good.
Do you like this pic below? I love it! This has been my main source of inspiration for my nursery decor plan. I really want a light grey and white sheet for the crib but Joann's Fabric didn't have any besides a houndstooth design which I didn't want. I think it would offer more contrast between the bedding and crib just like in this pic. But we will stick to the green/aqua/pink fabric that is on it for now because I can't find anything else and we are trying to pinch pennies.
(not very contrast-y)
Notice the crib skirt? Oh yeah.
it just so happens that the quilt I made goes perfectly with everything.
Tada! and that chest I am using for toys and blankets
And now that I have finished with the crib part I will want to accessorize with stuff like this. But this will probably have to wait until we get our own space.
And yeah that's it. Wouldn't it look great with either a white or pewter dresser?????? and one of those cool wordy signs that awesome graphic designers make that would tie all the colors together???? oh yeah! But thats's another project for another day.






5 comments:
so beautiful! it looks right out of a magazine!
Seriously, I thought your picture was one of the inspiration pics. I had to go back and read carefully to see that it was actually yours! Looks amazing!!
Love it!
Your amazing, I LOVE YOU!
Your amazing, I LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment