My friend Delys and I are using our time to make a quiet books. I figure even though I don't have kids right now might just be the perfect time to make one of these bad boys. I am learning lots of sewing techniques that is for sure. Most of these designs are not original and I am just re-doing them with a little more oomph. The main websites I referred to are here and here.
These are my lovely flowers with velcro on the backs. They were originally supposed to be unbuttoning flowers but after a few slip ups plans changed. I also didn't to think to attach the velcro to the back of the flower before I made them. Only until I was all done I thought "How am I going to get this on here?"
Here is my hungry little caterpillar with little snap-on body segments. His cocoon can be used for storage.
Here is my peekaboo halloween house. My mother said this may traumatize my future children. There is only one way to find out i guess.
I LOVE the barn. This is one of my favorites!!! My mom bought me a buckle for the doors and inside I made little finger puppets! Finger puppets are just about the easiest thing in the world to make so never buy them. And my mama hen's wing flaps up and down fyi.
I love this page too. The mailbox door opens and shuts and there is something that needs mailing. The flag rotates so the mailman knows when to pick it up.
On the back of the mail I put a picture of McKay and I so it will slide into the felt mailbox. Felt on felt doesn't slide very well. I have heard people laminate their pictures but I just used packing tape on the front and back and it works.
The last page I have is the camping page. This was my very first zipper i have ever sewn and technically it doesn't look that great but it still is an achievement. I want this scene to have more in it and McKay suggested a camping chair. Brilliant! Now how I will make a camping chair out of felt I will never know. Perhaps Joann's has an iron-on chair thingy.
Well, that is all I have done so far so stay tuned and I just might have some more. I have plenty of ideas that need to do like a garden, robot, Bill Grogan's goat, birdhouse, mittens, and a street. If you have seen any cute stuff let me know.







6 comments:
you could always ship it our way! so cute!!!
VERY cute! And a FABULOUS idea to do them now. . .you may get some crafting done for a few months after your first but then it tends to come few and far between! I am SO grateful for the things I did for Brecken before he came so that he actually has stuff now!
Um... we really need one of these for church! I'll pay you, what do you think?
Um, Jessica, that is RIDICULOUS! Holy cow, it is amazing and I love it. And I think I would want to play with it just as much as my future child. You are putting most of us to shame with your crafty genius ;) I need to come to your house to craft.... ;)
I am making quiet books right now too. Mine is very slow going, because I can really only sew at night and nap time. But, I have very similar pages and have used the same websites. Mine are a lot simpler than yours because I am making like 48 pages, but yours look great!
Your amazing Jessica, I want to be more like you!
Post a Comment