Today is such a good day! McKay took the OAT yesterday and got a really great score! I am so proud of him!
Also, there's good news with my books. So far my mom has sold nine books just to neighbors and friends. One of our ex-neighbors bought four! She was the perfect person to sell them to because she is artsy-fartsy and loves to draw and paint with watercolors. I thought about how she was the perfect customer and wondered how I could get more artsy-fartsy people to find out about and buy my books. Then it came to me... The Delaplaine!

The Delaplaine is a art gallery in Frederick, where art classes are also offered. There is a little gift shop inside where artists sell their pottery, photographs, paintings, prints, jewelry, ect. I contacted the manager and after a couple days my mom had an appointment. At the appointment the gallery loved my books and took ten of them. They will be up for sale next week! AHHH! EXCITING!
I also found out where I am student teaching!!! I was tempted not to post it but I was told that would be mean. Anyway, I am going to Madison Jr High to teach art history or art and history (I am not sure, the people who filled out the form made it confusing) to eighth and ninth graders. HAHA! AHHHHHH!
5 comments:
Congrats on being able to stay here in the BURG!! I wanna see your books that are for sale!! You need to come visit me anyway!!
I am in the Nordic right behind the Deli Bar.
Ok, I'm bummed that you're not going to come live with me. :( But I am happy that you can do your student teaching close to home. Also, CONGRATULATIONS on selling so many books. I looked back over your post of the books you sent your mom, and my favorite is the green one with red and white dots.Do you have any more of that paper, because I want to buy a book for my friend.
Yeah! You're teaching here! You and McKay don't have to be apart from each other!!
How Exciting!! Congrats to the both of you! You'll have to let me know how studnet teaching goes!
Post a Comment