So McKay and I had nothing in the entry area of our apt. for the whole year we have been living here. It was 8 ft. of blank wall. It really bugged me. I was always trying to think what I would do with that space but I couldn't ever think of anything to put there. After stealing ideas from Stephanie Clawson I kept my eyes open and found this at DI for $8.
The paint was all chipped and had marker all over it. So I stripped and sanded it. Thats was not really fun. I did most of the work in the backyard unlike this picture.
While in the backyard I sat down in the grass and it felt like I sat in a puddle. Kind of irritated I got up and started sanding again thinking it would just dry off. Well, the wet feeling turned into a burn-your-skin-off feeling and I realized I sat in paint stripper. Not cool. I stuffed newspaper down my pants too keep it off my skin so I could keep working. I hope none of my neighbors saw me... haha
Painting with a roller is worth it.

Painted!
Ta Da! Finished!
Now I use it as a display for my books. yay!
In this last picture you can see to the left the tan fabric that is hanging from the ceiling.
Since we moved into the apt. we both felt like the living room, kitchen, and entryway needed to be separated from each other, rather than feeling like we lived in a massive hallway. McKay and I looked for partitions online but the only ones we liked happened to be $600. So we were stuck. One day I was brainstorming and I though of an idea. I could just hang a cute shower curtain up and it would do the same thing but for only $30. So that's what we did and it looks good.
3 comments:
How fun! I was wondering what you were doing with that newspaper. . . . just kidding, but that's a funny story!
You've got SKILLS!
Ultra cool. Looks like something from a Pottery Barn magazine!
Post a Comment