These are some videos of Ellie for the past few months. She has gotten so big, funny, and quite the handful. I hope that these videos will help our far away family feel a little more included into our daily life. Ellie loves the Wiggles, trains, singing (Wheels On the Bus, Popcorn Popping, and Old McDonald), other kids, cookies, twizzlers, ketchup, reading. Right now she is starting the "NO! MINE!" tantrum phase and are trying to teach her to share.
She has also started to really really become attached to her crib sheet. I kept all blankets out of her crib as a baby because of SIDS, and she grew accustomed to grabbing the smallest piece to hold while she sucks her thumb. Now she is so strong and just pulls the whole thing off, and I'm kinda sick of putting it back on the mattress. She calls her fitted sheet "reeree" but now she wants to carry it everywhere (this is a new development.) She cries when it's in her room or somewhere unavailable (also a new development.) I'm not really sure what I should do, should I just break this habit before it gets out of control or let her have it? Is this just a ploy to get attention? Also would breaking this habit entail having this girl sleep on a mattress with no sheet, and what about the plastic pee cover? Would that be next, or then the curtains? lol.
Crazy kid.
She want's it back daddy!
One of Ellie's fascinations is with my moms cat's food. I had a pillow propped in the baby gate (to prevent loud noises while McKay was sleeping) and decided to go to the bathroom. While I was in there she went through the gate, climbed down the stairs, walked through the pitch black basement to the dry cat food and stuffed her mouth full. So. Gross. This was not her first attempt either. I have caught her with her hands in the canned stuff and trying to get more and more of the dry stuff. She goes "mmmmmmmmm! nummy!" everytime we walk past it.
Her favorite animal is a cat. Just in case you didn't know.
How can you say no to this?
She has also started to really really become attached to her crib sheet. I kept all blankets out of her crib as a baby because of SIDS, and she grew accustomed to grabbing the smallest piece to hold while she sucks her thumb. Now she is so strong and just pulls the whole thing off, and I'm kinda sick of putting it back on the mattress. She calls her fitted sheet "reeree" but now she wants to carry it everywhere (this is a new development.) She cries when it's in her room or somewhere unavailable (also a new development.) I'm not really sure what I should do, should I just break this habit before it gets out of control or let her have it? Is this just a ploy to get attention? Also would breaking this habit entail having this girl sleep on a mattress with no sheet, and what about the plastic pee cover? Would that be next, or then the curtains? lol.
Crazy kid.
She want's it back daddy!
Proof of this tom foolery:
As I am cleaning out the back of the car and this what Ellie is doing.
One of Ellie's fascinations is with my moms cat's food. I had a pillow propped in the baby gate (to prevent loud noises while McKay was sleeping) and decided to go to the bathroom. While I was in there she went through the gate, climbed down the stairs, walked through the pitch black basement to the dry cat food and stuffed her mouth full. So. Gross. This was not her first attempt either. I have caught her with her hands in the canned stuff and trying to get more and more of the dry stuff. She goes "mmmmmmmmm! nummy!" everytime we walk past it.
Her favorite animal is a cat. Just in case you didn't know.
How can you say no to this?
These last videos were all taken by my sister, most of which were filmed in the car on our way back from South Carolina. See the way she tortures my baby? horrible. Just kidding, she is a really good aunt.
We love this girl so much. She is so smart and spunky! I love you my baby Ellie!


2 comments:
Let her keep her sheet, the habit will go away naturally. Besides, it will probably be a really good comfort for her when the new baby comes and one-on-one time with mommy is much less.
The dog food... gross. :)
I love her! Haha "shake your reeree". And her fake laugh made me real laugh a lot. She is so fun! I love when you two giggle together.
Post a Comment