I have been looking forward to our five year anniversary for months. Mainly because I have been planning on going to the restaurant, The Top of the Hub. This restaurant is on the 52nd floor the the Prudential Center (the tallest building in Boston) and has an unbelievable view. We went there for the fixed price lunch, $22 dollars for a 3 course meal. Not a bad deal.
We had a table right next to the windows and it was fun to eat gourmet/rich-people food and stare out the window. See the bridge where we watched the 4th of July fireworks?
We could even see the Shrine (the one right above our house) from here too, but I don't think you can see it very well from this picture.
McKay's beet salad was really yummy and I ordered the soup du jour (equally yummy)
McKay got the pork loin, and I got the pasta. Both were very good, but I wish I would have gotten to try the scallops... I didn't because I hear shellfish is a "no-no" for people who are pregnant. Surprise! It is really going to be hard to start cooking for myself after this.
Our dessert
After the restaurant we fell into food comas, and then went to go see The Help at the Boylston Movie Theater. For Free. (thank you groupon!) I loved the book and I think they did a great job translating the book into a movie. After I read the book I was dying to laugh with someone about the "Terrible Awful" but no one I know has read it. Now I'm glad I can laugh about it with McKay now, and he even said it was "one of the best movies he has seen in a long time"
The only funny part that I can remember that wasn't put into the movie was the naked hobo who tried to attack Minny and Celia. I don't want to see any nudity but it sure would have been funny watching the actress who played Celia beat some guy with a shovel until he's almost dead.







5 comments:
You're pregnant?! Congrats!!! When are you due? BTW you don't have to avoid eating all seafood while prego... just specific things and only so many servings a week. Have fun! You're gonna be an amazing mom!!
Yay I am so glad you took gorgeous pictures and posted them :) I was so excited to see them. Maybe for Job and I's 5 year we will go there.... except that's too far away, I want to go soon ;)
I just put a hold on The Help so hopefully we can laugh about it together soon ;)
Congratulations! You and McKay are going to be the cutest parents ever! when are you due?
Congratulations! I was wondering when you had posted that you had been sick. I want to know when you're due too. I'm due February 27.
Firts of all, CONGRATS to you both on the baby! I'm excited to hear more details soon!
Secondly, I have read the Help, and have also been looking for someone to discuss it with! Great book, and I can't wait to see the movie--hopefully this weekend!
Post a Comment