A train! A train! Could you, would you, on a train?
I have, I have on a train, on a bus, and on a plane.
On the stairs, and in the rain.
In a in a car, and in a tree.
It is so horrible, so horrible, you see.
I can do it here or there,
I have BARFED pretty much everywhere!
That's a pretty accurate representation of my life these past three months. I have lost almost 10-15lbs and haven't gained much back. It's the first time since high school since I have been in the 120's club. I'm excited that this sickness has subdued itself for the most part, but I still find myself heaving over the toilet after brushing my teeth and other random activities. So yeah you haven't seen my face in a while, I'm officially 15 weeks, and the baby is the size of an apple... but my visual aide is the biggest potato I had in my pantry (I have no apples.) I have been holding off from announcing this for so long because I had literally no idea how far along I was and I was waiting for an ultrasound picture.
I finally had my ultrasound three days ago but no picture... The nurse told me "your husband can't come in and we do not give any pictures" Rude! Luckily I sweet-talked her into letting McKay into the room and he got to see the little thing jump around like a crazy person. Our due date: Feb 9th. It looked like it was really hyper or throwing a tantrum, the way it kept arching its back and kicking its legs over and over. Very cool, but no picture for us.
So, not much of a belly really. Not really surprising anyway since I have been majorly sick. All food sounds gross, except fruit, but that is getting better. If you have any pregnant-lady recipe recommendations I would greatly appreciate it. And you know those pregnant-lady classes? Apparently I don't live in America anymore because they only offer them in SPANISH?! What the heck?
Also, when I was in Maryland I went to go get maternity shirts at Kohls with my mom and everyone shopping there was like 38-45yrs old. Maybe I was just feeling self conscious, but I'm pretty sure they thought I was a pregnant teenager who was probably 14 or 15 years old. Who ever says looking young is a blessing has got it all wrong.
That was probably information overload, but oh well. That's all for now folks!



7 comments:
Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you guys! I have a remedy that you could try my doctor told me to use unisom and vitamin b6 together, I didn't throw up much though I mostly felt nauseous it did work for me, also I have used peppermints before that sometimes helps. I hope this helps. Congrats again!!
Congrats! That is exciting! Sorry you have been sick!!
Holy cow! We have the same due date! Our kids could be buddies... if only we didn't like like a thousand miles apart. I feel ya for the sickiness. I hope it gets better for you. Try this: when you feel sick, slice a fresh lemon and smell it. It usually works for me, it smells so yummy. Dang I wish we were closer!!!
Congratulations!!! My little boy was born on Feb 8th (his due date)! I have to say, it's a GREAT time to be pregnant. You aren't huge during the winter (which I am experiencing right now...no fun)! My advice--always chew peppermint gum! The peppermint helps the nausea and having something constantly to chew on helps! GOOD LUCK! So happy fo you!
WOOHOO!!!!! I LOOVE being an Aunty, thanks for making a baby Jess, going to be a gorgeous baby too!!! LOVE YOU!
Congrats!!! I can't believe the lady wasn't gonna let your honey see the ultrasound! You should have reminded her what century we live in... that is so old school. I'm glad you talked her into it anyway! I hope you feel better soon. You look way cute in your pics! Congrats again!
-Tonya (sorry, signed in as brad:)
Hooray! I'm so happy for you guys! If it's a girl, there's a lady living around the block that has all of Katie's baby clothes...maybe she'd give them to you since her daughter must be growing out of them :) Wish I was there to make you fruit smoothies (they were my favorite thing during my first pregnancy) and go baby stuff shopping with you! Miss you!
Post a Comment