Since we moved here I have wanted to have valances put up in the kitchen. I looked around for some I liked but I could not find anything. It seems all the stores have these days are panels, or if I was lucky enough to find a valance it was made out of ugly fabric. So I waited until JoAnns had a sale on their patterns and got one I liked. Then I waited until fabric was on sale and I got that too. I found it very difficult to settle on one fabric. So here is the before picture.
I sewed it with my new sewing machine and was so fun! I am probably going to go crazy with the sewing for the next little while. Sewing with a pattern was new to me and I had to sit and think about the directions for several hours before I actually knew what they were talking about.
Here is the finished product and I love it. Eventually I will get some cool napkin rings to put each tab through for extra bling but I haven't found them yet.
Now I wish I could lower the picture frame to break up that brown line but the huge hole from the porch light (that was there previously) makes that impossible. Oh well. But I love my VALANCES!! whoo hooo!



6 comments:
Those are awesome! It makes a huge difference in that room.
Love, love, love :) I am still so impressed! :) They look awesome up!
Jessica you are amazing!
Your valances are very cute. And don't worry, I STILL have to sit and think about a pattern for an unreasonable amount of time before I can do it. Spencer thinks I'm crazy because I also talk to my patterns and my fabric as I'm making something.
Super cute! Now it makes me want to go out and make my own. I am so hooked on sewing right now!
Post a Comment