Friday, November 5, 2010

Birthday

 Fall is here and it is very beautiful.  If anyone wants to visit boston I definitely recommend to come in the fall.  It is just gorgeous.  This is the view from our kitchen window and you can see some trees that are changing.  pretty nice.
Today is my birthday too.  McKay went and bought a birthday cake from Mike's Pastry shop in the North End.  He came home in the pouring rain carrying this beautiful cake.  I have never seen one so beautiful before.  It was delicious too, Chocolate moose, with strawberry pieces in it. If I make McKay's birthday cake I will never be able to top this.
McKay got me boots and a backpack too. I have never had boots that weren't snow boots before so this was exciting wardrobe milestone.  In this picture I met McKay at school for a birthday lunch in the city.
These roses are grown in our front yard.  Sue cut me some and so the are just brightening up my kitchen with happiness.  Oh how I love fresh flowers.
 A tree near McKay's school
On the way to his school still.
These pictures are from when I took a tour at Harvard.  I'm thinking about being a prospective student.  haha not. It is the most beautiful campus I have ever seen.  In a nutshell it is just like Hogwarts.  Students are divided into houses like Gryffindor and Slytherin and that is just so funny to me.  They even have that great dining hall (no floating candles.)
 One interesting story I learned is about that red building with the white windows up at the top.  George Washington and his men stayed there while they were recuperating from battle.  They stayed for the night and melted the doorknobs so they could make more bullets.  After America won it's independence Harvard was one of the first to sue the new country for the property damages caused by the desperate soldiers.  Kinda interesting huh?

3 comments:

Stephanie C. said...

Wow Jess, that is a beautiful place! I love the first picture with the buildings and the city in the distance. Keep the pictures coming. You making me want to live there almost! :)

Maren said...

Jessica,
You look freakin' awesome!

vandi said...

Who's that gorgeous lady in the third picture down?! Seriously Jess, you're gorgeous and where you live looks amazing too!