Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween in Salem

We failed Halloween.  A big fat F-.  We didn't dress up or go to a party. So when the big day came we decided to go to Salem, MA with people from McKay's school.  Home of the witch trials.
Lots of people were dressed up in really cool costumes.  All the skanks come out after dusk so I'm glad we went during the day.
See look, REAL witches!!!
This place is really commercial on Halloween.  It was basically like a fair or carnival with tons of greasy food, rides, and crazy things you need to pay money to see.  We went to a museum that basically just reenacted The Crucible.  I hate that book with a burning passion.  I just hate what happened, pretty jacked up if you ask me.  Anyway I wanted to go in a haunted house or something but we didn't so that. I guess we have something to look forward to next year.
I LOVE this cottage/shed thing.
There were tons of "real" witches there and they were all trying to make a buck by reading your palm or whatever.  That's what the upper left picture from below is all about.  These people are all doing the Tarot card thing.  It was hilarious because the customers would hang on to their every word and were all dead serious about it.  
They also were selling herbs and spices for WAY more than what they are really worth.  It's because the ones they were selling had medicinal qualities.  But BAY LEAVES?! really people.
Weird stick roof!
Sheesh! Look how hairy McKay is...  No worries people, I already gave him a haircut and trimmed that dang beard.
These cool vines were crawling over everything! Houses, fences, gravestones, you name it and it takes over.  It's definitely one of my favorite things to change color in the fall.
It was quite a long day and we looked forward to our Harry Potter style train ride home back to Boston.


No comments: