Sometimes I like to pretend that winter is almost over. Most of the time I try to refrain from this optimistic attitude. Usually I wouldn't be so negative, but Rexburg isn't famous for spring in March, or even April for that fact. Last year it snowed in June. So I have decided that I will keep my mindset that it is still winter so that way I won't get let down. Even if the weather does tease us with warm spring-y temperatures in the 40's, I will not be convinced that we are in spring. My bet is that we will get at least 2 more snowstorms before "real" spring.
A couple of days ago, when I was skipping inservice, whoa... I mean, McKay came and brought me flowers for no reason. Sigh. I love flowers. It makes it feel much more spring-y and happy.
Yeah, you probably caught that... I skipped inservice. Yeah, I don't care. My cooperating teacher said I didn't have to go, because he was going to another meeting in some other city. Hah ha! Let me tell you, it was awesome! I loved not going and I don't regret it. Inservice is stupid. It's pretty much just a waste of time. The last one I went to they were teaching us how to use a search engine... ooooOOOO! Really didn't need to be there for that one. Maybe they should put an age requirement or a technology aptitude test so that way you don't have to go listen to "searching for articles/images/other" for four hours.
So McKay and I did something fun this weekend. We fed ducks. Yeah, we're really wild.
While McKay was feeding the ducks he noticed that if you dangle the bread in front of the geese they will try to jump for it. It was funny watching the them try to jump.
I am not sure why this clip wont play all of the way but if you skip forward you can see more.
I got my new tri kids this week and they are awesome! I will let everyone know how that goes later... this is enough posting for one day.
3 comments:
I am SOOOOO sick of WINTER too! Loved this post--especially the jumping birds! LOL
Spring will come, promise. Looks like you're counting down the days of student teaching... that bad eh?
Thanks for the duck video. My kids absolutely adored watching it! Again, and again, and again, and again...
Post a Comment