Sunday, March 22, 2009

Theres no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people

Ok, well maybe not. I just thought that this saying was extra funny because of the subject matter that I am about to address, so I'll start at the beginning. I received an email from the floral dept asking for art pieces so they could do floral interpretations of them for the floral show. I thought that sounded interesting so I gave them my number and eventually I got a call from some girl. I showed her pictures over the internet and I let her decide which project she wanted to pick. She ended up choosing the "Bridge Under Construction" one.


I really like how she hung the rocks from it! She went really abstract with it and I think that hers was the best one (I'm not biased or anything.) Anyway, the day of the show I called up Heather and we went to the show (McKay was in the testing center). We had just found my sculpture when I got a call from McKay saying that he was out and was coming up. So we waited for him but as we were waiting we eavesdropped on all the people walking past us (this is where the "stupid people" comment ties in). Here is some of the things we heard:

"Is that a cake?"
"ha ha ha ha!"
"What is that?"
"Did she make that?"
"Is that a cake?"
"Interesting"
"Oh, it's a cone thing."
"That is a...."
"Is that a cake?"
"Daddy, is that clay?"
"Some people do some really strange art."
"Oh, man!"
"I don't get it."
"Is that a cake?"
"They are going to use it to make Cheese Wiz."
"That's Jessica's. It says so."
"What the... is that?"
"Is that a cake Daddy?


McKay looks nice and innocent in this beautiful scenery but really he jumped into the picture. Thanks a lot babe.


This cake was seriously the best cake in the whole show! I love it! (above)
This table arrangement of orchids is soooo pretty! When I'm rich I'll have one of these arrangements in my house. (below)



I love this arrangement and I took a picture of it not knowing that Ashley (the girl who did my ceramic project) did this one. After we saw each other in person we both realized that we were in the same ceramic class together.


This was in their Japanese themed room I love the woven snakegrass placemats! Awesome!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Ha ha ha! Love the comments! The things were SO pretty!

Stephanie C. said...

That's hilarious! Looks like the world still needs to take some art classes!

mckell said...

That looks like it was quite interesting. :) ha. Just wanted to say Hi and I hope student teaching went well.