Student teaching has been great so far. The 8th graders are really hyper and the 9th graders think they're hot stuff. That's fine though, I am glad to student each in Rexburg where most of them are really good kids... except for that one school bus that chanted "assassinate obama" but that MUST have been the middle schoolers, not MY kids?! haha... ah...
Anyway, this is the classroom that I teach in. I can't get over the carpet, it looks like it has wrinkles of a hundred year old man.

So the University told us that we were supposed to take over one class per week until we were teaching the whole day. Well, it's the end of my second week and I have already taken all of my cooperating teacher's classes. It's difficult because I don't have any lesson plans, powerpoints, tests, quizzes, or worksheets already made so I am doing them all pretty much the day before but that's ok. You gotta start somewhere.
So sometimes these kids do hilarious things that I probably shouldn't laugh at but I do anyway. The 8th grade art class had been working on making imaginary cities in either one or two point perspective. I looked at one girl's drawing and she had drawn a train shaped building and labeled it Jimmy Choo Choo. The boy next to her asked "What does Jimmy Choo Choo mean?" and she responded matter-of-factly "Don't you know anything? Jimmy Choo Choo is the biggest shoe store in the world!" Uhh.. ok. I just laughed to myself and decided I wouldn't tell her that it was called Jimmy Choo Ltd. Jimmy Choo Choo sounds better anyway.... HA HA!
One of the projects I had ninth graders do this week was to marble paper to create the cover of their sketchbooks and then put them together. They finished making these today and I think they look awesome!

So this doesn't involve student teaching at all but I need to talk about this. I love rexburg but the doughnut selection is not very good. I have been searching for cream/jelly filled doughnuts for quite a while and I've come to the conclusion that they don't exist in idaho. This is what Broulims and Albertsons call their "filled doughnuts." Last time I checked these are "topped doughnuts." It's kinda irritating.

They don't have eclairs either, which stinks. All they have are "chocolate bars" which are just like an eclair but without the filling. But I am after filled doughnuts because that is what I love. So why do I refuse to eat "topped" doughnuts? Well first off the jelly/cream on the "topped" ones get crusty and gross. Who wants to eat crusty jelly? Not me.
3 comments:
Brian and I feel the same way about donuts! I think its strange that Albertsons sells Dunkin Donuts coffee, but there are no Dunkin Donuts in Idaho.
Haha that's sad about the donuts. I guess I'd never thought about it. And yay for 8th graders.
You must be busy busy! Haven"t heard from you in a while! Hope you like teaching!
Post a Comment