Monday, May 26, 2008

Ripped off...

For my printmaking class we were required to put one of our prints in a gallery or art contest.  I heard about an art contest this sat and decided to do that one.  The theme for the contest was "Community." So I decided to put my print in even though I was stretching it.  I also thought I should put in this ceramic project in just for fun.  

As we were dropping off my stuff, I asked one of the contest people what time I should pick up my pieces (because I didn't want to leave it there abandoned.) She said that the local buissiness were coming to judge at 5pm and the prizes would be awarded at midnight.  I asked her if she was serious about the midnight thing and she said yes.  

So McKay and I went to the school and did some homework.  We left school at 5:00 and we went to the park to see if everything was ok.  I was really worried about my piece because some kid made an unstable 2ft coil thing and I didn't want a gust of wind to blow it over on my project.  

When we arrived it was 5:10 and we saw that they were cleaning up.  So we were glad that we came when we did.  Mckay and I grabbed my stuff and then everyone came over.  They were like "Hey, you came back!  Congratulations your ceramics piece won 1st place!"  I got all excited and then they were like "We gave away all the gift cards you won ten minutes ago, but you can pick between a bird feeder or some flower seeds."   

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! FRUSTRATING!

I picked the flower seeds.


 This was the ceramic piece that I put into the contest...  It's weird but whatever.  It was inspired by my sister, Heather, who did the exact same thing.  Ha Ha! 
The assignment for this project was to put two things together that aren't normally together, and I think that this did it.  ha.

No comments: