Saturday, May 10, 2008

C'est la vie

It has been a busy week for McKay and I. We are at school on average from 9am-9pm every day. Sometimes we meet up around lunch, but sometimes we don't. Since we get home late, neither of us feel like cooking dinner. After eating nothing but granola bars for a week straight, I decided to make a real dinner. I was making tomato basil soup (which is really good) and on the directions it said to puree with an immersion blender. Well we don't have an immersion blender so I decided to use the regular blender. I washed off the lid because it had something on it and put the soup in. Just to let you know, having a wet lid is bad. Since it was wet it was like a suction cup. When I turned the blender on hot soup came squirting out the sides (and I was holding the lid down really hard too, but that just made it worse.)
This is my sometimes friend, the press. A couple days ago I spent 8 hours printing my plate and none of them were coming out right. I realized the next day that I had the pressure set wrong. Ugggg.
This is my copper plate that I am working on for printmaking. It is all inked up and everything so you can see it. I forgot that when I was etching my plate that I had to reverse the image first (which I didn't do) so now my image comes out backwards on a piece of paper. Oh well.
This is it printed on a piece of paper. As you can see, it is backwards and I wish it was the other way but oh well. There is nothing I can do about it now.
Two days ago, a famous printmaker came and gave a seminar. I went to the seminar and he was pretty amazing. The next day, I went to the printmaking studio to work on this print, (it is due on wed) and he was there! My teacher introduced me to him and she previously showed him this print I was working on. He was like "I really like your prints. I like the rocks that you made." I was pretty surprised.
This is my favorite book I have made so far. It is a stab binding and I made it big enough to put 4x6 pictures in it for a photo album/journal-y thing. I can also make these books with those scrap booking metal screws (to add more pages later if I want to.) I will never have to buy a scrapbook again!!!
This is the inside!
This is another book I made.

No comments: