Christmas with a newborn is pretty much summarized in this picture. The toddler is up and crazy while the grown-ups are ready to die. Our Christmas was pretty pathetic.

Just so happens that I developed my bout of mastitis overnight and was full blown christmas morning. Talk about feeling like death... The best way I can describe it is it feels like someone shot you in the chest with a shotgun at point blank range and every move and shift in weight is like rubbing salt in the wound. If that's not enough the high fever and headache amplifies sound so when your trying to take care of a crying baby it's like someone is blowing a airborne right next to your ear.
I tried to spend some quality time with these two, they are funny. Ellie is afraid of heights and she clings to McKay for dear life. I took a couple pics but for the most part I stayed in bed. We didn't even have dinner that's how pathetic it was.
It's had been snowing too, and Ellie went out to help McKay shovel
These two bonded over some popcorn and a movie. It actually happened a lot during those first few weeks.
A few days later after taking antibiotics I tried to take some more pics. Our four ft tree didn't provide the amount of cool background as I was hoping for though.
This picture of Brent ended up being what I used for his baby announcements, and I put some of the pictures Lindsay took on the back. I like how it turned out.
I'm glad this Christmas over. It was hard but I guess we survived... barely. I would never re-live it again. But at least the rest of the Christmas' from here on out will be fun!







1 comment:
Yikes! You had a lot going on, I am amazed you did all that you did! The pictures are adorable! And Ellie is not a baby anymore, what!?
Post a Comment