Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Birth story (hopefully it doesn't bore you)

Man it's so hard to type or do anything right now with these two kids.  I seriously type one sentence and am interrupted.  I really don't mind but it is a lot harder two stay on task.  haha.  I already had two poop explosions today, one from the newborn and one from the two year old.  If that doesn't throw a wrench into your schedule, nothing will.  

So this is the rest of the story of how this little boy entered the world.
I already told you my water broke at home and I wasn't having any contractions.  McKay smuggled Taco Bell into the hospital for me after I checked in and was just sitting there doing nothing.  Technically I was on clear liquid diet but oh well.  Usually I wouldn't  break the rules but I knew I wasn't going to do anything for a long time. :) I'm glad I did that otherwise I would have been starving by the time I had the baby.
 The next day they started oxytocin and pitocin to get the party started because still nothing was happening.  The pitocin kept dropping his heart rate too much and so I had to wear an oxygen mask. It was very frightening that with the pitocin my contractions would slow his heart down to 25bpm.  It made me scared and paranoid.  Eventually they quit using the pitocin and just let my body run its natural course.
My contractions were super weird and irregular, for the most part they were 10 mins apart but super powerful.  One thing I am grateful for is the epidural.  Once it kicked in I had a three min long contraction that I didn't even feel.  Thank goodness! (that event was when I was on the pitocin)  Unfortunately baby Brent felt it and his heart went down and stayed down for those three mins.
 I only pushed for 25 mins which was great considering Ellie was 3.5hrs!  It was a very easy pushing session.  Maybe she took so long because she was a whole pound bigger than him and was my first.
 I am so grateful that everything turned out ok and no one had any major issues.  I love my family and  esp this new little guy!

2 comments:

Job and Rachael said...

I love it!! Thank you for sharing this. You have such a beautiful family. I sure love you guys. Also, we miss you and want to come visit after you settle a bit more. Brent is adorable!

Stephanie C. said...

That picture of his little sticking out is so adorable!