So I went on a little photo adventure for two reasons
1. to hang out with my cousin
2. to not use my 50mm 1.4
Hanging out with my cousin is a little self explanatory. She likes photography and do I, so 2+2=...
We basically walked around hip-to-hip because we were both unadmittingly uncomfortable about trespassing and needed the emotional support while exploring the halfway burnt down house. So that's why we have pictures of the same stuff. haha.
Not using my go-to 50mm? That deserves some explaining. It's nice to have those blurry backgrounds that that lens provides, I just felt like breaking the mold and taking pictures that had more detail in it. (Did you know you can also achieve blurry backgrounds by zooming in and backing up with a regular lens?) Mistake? maybe, maybe not. I just felt like not using it. Maybe it's because everyone and their mom is trying to take that shot with that one thing in focus and the rest really really blurry. Even though that looks nice, I feel like everyone is doing it. And what if I don't want to do what everyone is doing? That's why I left it at home.
I also did something else I swore I would never do again... play with filters, actions, and presets. I stopped playing with these because it was too stylized and looking back on them was like looking at how I dressed in the 90's! Vomitrocious! Usually I tend to lean towards natural looking photos, things that were only enhanced a little bit, and you couldn't really tell it was altered. Now look what I did! AHHHH! I don't know if I will regret this later...










1 comment:
Woah, these are awesome and creepy!
Post a Comment