Sunday, February 5, 2012

Baby crafts

Yeah, well today is my official due date and as it turns out... no baby.  So I thought I would share with you a few projects I have been working on for her grand arrival.

First, flannel burp cloths.  My Aunt Lucinda made me a few of these and they are so nice I decided I should make more.  So I traced hers made millions, see.  YAY!
 Secondly baby shoes.  This was a big experiment and I wasn't really sure what I was doing but I think it turned out as a success. I just used fabric my mom had and followed the directions for these here. YAY!
 And lastly, I made one of these car seat covers.  I love the grey and the pink.  The underside fabric are these lovely pink and grey dots.  I think it came out pretty well.  I found the tutorial here and I made the little tabs with velcro and put bows on it instead of buttons. I'm pretty proud even though I basically guessed on the centering of it.  Ta DA!
Well, that's all for now.  I have my sewing machine put away and ready for baby to come.

2 comments:

The Gray Family said...

Yay for baby crafts! Those look like fun. I love my burp clothes that are like that and those shoes are adorable. I know exactly how you feel when your due date comes and no baby, and hopefully she will be here soon. Mine was 6 days late, but I didn't really mind being pregnant. It really wasn't as uncomfortable as I thought it was going to be. I was sewing on the day I was in labor crawling all over the floor. I can't wait to see pics of your adorable little one!

Braiden & Sharon Willey said...

Oh my goodness Jess! They all are SO SO cute!!! Your amazing, I hope baby girl comes soon and I CANT WAIT to snuggle her in April!!!!