Monday, July 26, 2010

Apt in Boston

It was a long search for an apt.  I literally starting crying the first day because "we weren't in Kansas anymore."  We looked and looked for anything that was really cheap (relatively) but not in the ghetto.  Housing is soooo expencive here.  Just look it up on Craigslist.  We ended up finding an apartment in East Boston.  We found it by calling the church in Boston and they gave us a list of apts other people were trying to fill.  This one was soo cheap, way cheaper than anything we had ever looked at, had more room but we have to commute a little longer into downtown.  We are going to be on the third floor of this apt.  The first floor is another lds family and the second level is a funny old Italian catholic lady who is the landlady.
The kitchen sucks, not much counter space.  There is counter space in a closet but that is kinda inconvenient.  These next couple of days we are going to try to build some countertops or something...
The backyard, the landlady has these grapevines growing.  I think we might just take the subway and get unlimited passes for the subway and not use a car. It will be cheaper.  We are thinking of getting bikes too
Across the street... It's not very pretty like downtown Boston but it works.  Something that kinda sucks about these old apartments is that they have oil heating and that is expensive.
We are right next to the airport.  And the beach is just a five minute walk from there. Kinda cool
Here is a video of the apt.  It's very nice and way bigger than what we wanted but considering it was the cheapest one we have found we are not complaining.  The bathroom was one of the nicest ones we had seen in boston but that just happened to be luck.  Something cool about all the apts in boston is that they all have hardwood floors, heavy wooden doors, and nice wooden molding.  I don't know why but 95% of them are all like that.

5 comments:

Stephanie C. said...

I know what you mean by not being in Kansas anymore. The neighborhood looks kinda cool with those old apartments. What an awesome adventure!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! it looks great! let us know when you get all settled in and maybe we can get together!

Jamie Blake said...

Looks like a darling place, you guys! I am sure you'll fix it up to look amazing.
I understand what you feel like about expensive rent. Our rent here in Cali is more expensive than our parent's mortgage. But such is life! It's a fun adventure!
Good luck in your new place! :)

Stacy said...

What a beautiful apartment! It is so neat that you get to see something different from "Kansas". I'm kinda jealous. Maybe we could trade apartments for a month... ;)

Jeff and Emily said...

That apartment looks great! And huge! How many bedrooms do you have? I'm excited for you guys, Boston is so beautiful!