I told you I had a lot of pictures so don't say I didn't warn you.
We ate at a place called Dukes... which was amazing!! And let me tell you... the tomatoes were awesome! They had that lovely homegrown taste that you can't get in the grocery store. The pineapples were good too. We always thought people were just bragging when they would say "You HAVE to try a pineapple in hawaii..." but it's true. The flavor is stronger and they don't give you that tongue numbing feeling that pineapples at home will. YUMM!
Cute thing #1: little surfer boy. This looks really fun. McKay and I just spent one evening watching the sun set and these little kids surfing. I want to do this one day, except in a place with no rocks. I know what it feels like to be slammed into the sand over and over in the beaches in Maryland and I have NO desire for that to happen against these rocky sea floors in Hawaii.
Cute thing #2: lil crab guy
On one of our hikes we came across this waterfall/swimming hole. It was awesome! Perfect after our hot sweaty hike and was totally unexpected! The waterfall was nice too, just like a natural back massager. Which brings me to Lesson #1 of Hawaii: wear your swimsuit under your clothes at all times. You never know what body of water is up ahead. Luckily McKay and I were constantly wearing ours and were prepared. Lesson #2 is sunscreen.
Cute thing #3: little car insurance friend at the end of the hike
I have never seen a sunset over the ocean before and it was beautiful every stinkin time! I also had never seen such crazy trees before either! They are huge and they spread out horizontally I tried to get a picture of the tree below but I was too short to not get the building (sorry).








2 comments:
WOW awesome pictures, Jess! It looks like you had a fantastic time and I am super duper jealous!
I'm so jealous you guys were there! I have a picture of me at the bottom of this waterfall a few years ago - only it was a lot smaller that year.
Post a Comment