Friday, May 28, 2010

Snorkeling

We headed to Hanauma Bay at 6:00am and stayed for eight hours.  Yours truly snorkeled the whole time!!! Time flew by so fast.  McKay doesn't really like snorkeling was done after a little while so he was just working on his tan.  You definitely want to get there early.  It may be colder but it's worth it to have no one around you kicking up sand.

While I was swimming over these rocks that were a foot away from my stomach (very creepy) I looked down and saw a sea turtle!!!!!  That was AWESOME!!  Another creature worth mentioning was the cornetfish... talk about creepy.

For all of these pics i just used a regular underwater film camera.  And I don't know why but 85% of our pictures came out REALLY blurred.  I don't know why but it didn't really work very well.

These are the only other pictures that didn't come out super blurred. The first picture on the left was a picture McKay took.  He claims that this fish tried to kill him.  The bottom picture on the left was my pseudo-blurry picture of a porcupine pufferfish.  It had spikes and everything!! He is camouflaged really well so you just arn't looking at a bunch of rocks.  Maybe I should have grabbed one and threw it at him to make him blow up.  That would have been fun but very mean.
Check out my cut! I got it messing around while hiking.  I tried to keep sand out of it and stuff but that was useless.  I'm hope the saltwater did something positive to help it heal because it was seriously BURNING the whole time I was in the salt water.  In the end i had a scab that was a 1/8 of an inch thick and it got so soaked that it just fell off after my latest water aerobics class.
Who did those awesome toes you ask? Sharon! Thanks to her I had the coolest toes in Hawaii!! Thanks you!

No comments: