Monday, March 22, 2010

Lots of random things on my mind...


WARNING: I have been thinking about a lot of dumb stuff lately, so I thought I would dump all of it here to get it out of my head. So don't judge me.

Psych: Lassie looks 100 times cooler with his new gun holder thingy. And after watching the season finale I am also sensing that he and Juliet are going to have some sort of relationship in the future. But we all know Shawn and Juliet are supposed to be together, and when that day comes Lassie will be the overprotective big brother. Anyone else think so? We will see...


Spring???: I can see grass!!!!! COOL!


Flowers: I can't pass up 20 daffodils for $3 esp when its cold and dark. I could try to use my telepathic powers to try to get McKay to give them to me, but it's just much easier to buy them myself! haha!

Orthodontics: My teeth are moving! ALOT!!! AHHH! I went to the orthodontist and he said "WHOA! Yeah, we gotta do something about that!" *sigh* horrible news. His recommendation was to drill away all the sides of my bottom teeth and then put in a retainer.... No thanks. No one is drilling my teeth unless i have a cavity. I'd rather have braces again.

Working Out: I have been doing sooo good!! I have almost been working out six days a week for a whole month!!! YAY ME!! And I think I want to run a 10k this summer. I've never done one before, but it sounds good. Perhaps the Dam Marathon this June? Recently I have run into a major obstacle... runners knee. ooops! I guess my body isn't made to run 4-5 miles a day esp in shoes I have had since high school. I have been running from my apt, to the temple, to the hospital and then back to my apartment. But I always figured that my lungs and heart would fail before the rest of my body does. Wrong assumption. So my goal for this week is to figure out the things that I can do, take it easy on my knees, and eat lots of Texas sheet cake. Hopefully they will be feeling significantly better by next week. Any advice for preparing for a 10k without hurting yourself a second time?

yum!!

Rihanna: I think she is going to be the next female Lil John. Lil John has done songs too, but what he is most famous for is his random shout outs, ie: "WHHAAT?!," "YEAH!," "OHKAY!,"and "LETS GO!" Rihanna seems to be going in the same direction lately (maybe b/c she is trying to rap and not sing) and her phrases are "You know dis," "yeh yeh yeh," "boy boy boy" Maybe? Maybe not?

Utah Accent: People from the west can't hear it, but it is everywhere! Probably because it's more of a "Bubble" accent rather than just Utah. (And just so you know I'm just addressing the issue, not trying to make fun of people.) I've even noticed I've been picking up some things. It is a really difficult accent to describe or even imitate, but I am going to try.

First off, it is NOTHING like a southern accent and secondly "Warsh" is a hillbilly accent ranging all over the country. It's not THE "Utah accent." People with thick Utah accents sound like they've come straight off of the pulpit using their soft testimony bearing voices. They also have a tendency to make their voices higher, and they don't enunciate at the end of words and sentences. Here is my really bad list of commonly mispronounced words with the Utah accent translation.

Normal = Utah pronunciation
way: = wee
day: = dee
friday = fridee
Seal = sill
Sill = seal
Too= Tuh
For =Fur
(notice these changes from 3 syllables to 2 as well as the wrong pronunciations)
idea = ahy-deh
museum = muse-zim
This is funny too... ha ha!!


3 comments:

Stephanie C. said...

When I would run in the summers, I'd get shin splints bad. So I would have to work out in a different way. The elliptical helped a lot, so did the bike and swimming. In fact, swimming always helps my heart get in shape for runs better than running. As for the Utah accent, it is so real. Living down here, you can tell how is from the west, mostly Utah!

ourbanksaccount said...

NEW. RUNNING. SHOES...well worth the cost!

mom2ky said...

I love your blog! Can't wait to see you tomorrow! Don't forget! :)