Friday, January 22, 2010

Weddings in Utah

I had two weddings to hit in one weekend, first Kyle and Samantha's. where I met up with several long lost friends (like Susan). And sorry, I have no pictures of the bride and groom because I was just talking to people too much. It was very fun though.

Anything look familiar? YAY!
After Kyle and Samanthas wedding I was supposed to hit up my old roommate Emily's wedding but I was a little late, stuck in traffic, and ended up getting totally lost and frustrated and didn't make it. Isn't SLC supposed to be the easiest city to drive in? Apparently not for me. I don't even know where North is (well I can figure it out, but I have to think about the roads and the numbers for like ten minutes and by than time I'm in some crazy part of town). This is what I need McKay for. He is like a human GPS and is like "oh we are on 18th street, lets just turn here..." and BAM he finds it. I'm like "Holy CRAP we are on twohundredeightythousandthnorthsouth street!!!! No one said anything about THIS street?!" And talk about other confusing streets, North Temple St, South Temple St, East Temple St, North West Temple St, South East Temple St, Really Really Temple St, Honestly This Is The Real Temple St and every other combination you can think of. And I'm not trying to make excuses but I'm pretty sure my problem is an eastern thing; where North doesn't matter, 5th means 5th and not 500th, and the roads go in circles, squiggles, and other such patterns so you just memorize where you are going instead of coordinates.

I just feel really dumb and very guilty for missing Emily's reception. Luckily Maren lives nearby so I crashed at her house for the night (thank you!) and then drove up to Idaho the next day... all by myself... totally boring but a little bit therapeutic considering the hecticness of the previous day. So it was nice. But in remembrance of that awesome car ride to Idaho, i made the best video ever. I'm sure you will agree. AHAHAHAHAHAHA


2 comments:

Lindsey Rasmussen said...

Wow- I totally agree with the SLC thing. I cannot get around there without Brady's help. Brady is also like a human GPS. How do guys just know where to go? It's so easy for them! Anyway, I can totally relate!!

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

the sadest part of the video, is all you have to do is drive that drive ONCE to know where EXACTLY you were at! I hate that drive, I used to make almost everyweekend for a year!