Thursday, August 6, 2009

Tornado


During our vacation in Maryland all we did was play, play, play. The one chore we did have was to mulch the playground. Mulching took three sweaty hours and many trips up and down the hill with wheelbarrows. Once we were done it felt good to take a shower and get all cleaned up. It was even better that we beat the rainstorm that was coming too. In less than thirty seconds a weird storm hit us and we had some pretty serious horizontal wind. Totally crazy! I was getting dressed in the bedroom I looked out the window, amused by the random leaves and junk flying in the air and thought it was funny. Then my mom told everyone to get downstairs.
I am pretty sure if I lived in a place with "real" tornadoes I would be one of those stupid people who gets killed.
Anyway, this picture with my brother and sister in it is what is left of the playground that we just mulched. Ironic...
The wind ripped our apple tree out of the ground. Sad day, but not very impressive... it was a small tree anyway.
Our neighbor had a full on bigmama tree fall feet from their house. Luckily it fell at an angle so it didn't crush their house. I mean how can that tree be uprooted like that and our cars didn't even get pushed over? (not that I'm complaining) I just don't get it.
This picture i put up because there are all these little goober things that got flung on our house and now it is polka dotted.

This swing was the lone survivor from our playground, held up by two beams. Awesome.

1 comment:

mckell said...

Scary! I would be one of the stupid ones too. I've never been through anything close to that. Glad you're still livin.