Monday, April 13, 2009

Ending and Beginning

Student teaching is over and let me tell you, it has been fabulous coming home and not having to do anything. One of my favorite things to do is to not do anything.
While I was teaching all of the kids wanted to know my first name. Whenever they would ask I would just say "Mrs." This really bugged some of the kids and they would keep asking me questions like "Is your name Penelope? Britany? Sarah? Tiffany?" Eventually I told them that I would tell them on my last day. My last day came on April 1st and at the end of the day, after the bell rang, I had scores of kids come and ask what my name was. I told them my name was Katie and after they were all gone I wrote this message on the board so they could read it the next day when I wasn't there! Hahaha! I got a kick out of it! I'm sure they were angry! haha!
It has started to warm up here in Idaho. Most of the snow has melted and I am looking forward to spring. Temperatures have been in the 40's-60's and it has been wonderful. I still find it amusing to see people walking around in shorts and tee-shirts because it is in the 40's and that is "warm".
McKay has been doing well. He has a really hard job as you can probably tell. TV for 5 hours, work for 3 hours, and paid for 8 hours. Not fair.


Braiden and Sharon are back too. They just moved into their new apt this Friday and it has been fun hanging out with them.


It has been fun seeing their new home and helping them move in. Check out their pretty curtains! Oh, and I got another haircut.


For Easter we all went down to Pocatello to eat dinner with McKay's and Braiden's parents. We all rode in the same car and McKay and I sat in the back with Ethan. Ethan likes McKay and was laughing at all of the weird noises and faces McKay was making. It was really cute.


Dinner was wonderful and we loved spending time with family. Currently we have one more week until the new semester starts. We will be busy cleaning, repairing, shadowing, painting, applying for jobs, building, and hopefully getting all of this stuff finished before the new semester starts! Yay!



2 comments:

Stephanie C. said...

I can't believe you're all done! I bet it's so nice. I like the name trick you played on the kids!

Braiden & Sharon Willey said...

Yay, I love the pics!! Im so happy we are here so I can have a friend to hang out with, and thanks again for the curtans!