Thursday, July 18, 2013

Confessions of a germaphobe

I was a little nervous about Ellie going into Nursery during church. I wanted to help out in nursery and be there for her while she accumulated to the new environment and take her out if she had any problems. Unfortunately I had to substitute teach sunbeams so I asked McKay if he would do the honors. So apparently the nursery people just took her and told him to go away. He liked it, but it wasn’t what I wanted. Crazy mom? Probably.

So we get this email the next day saying someone brought their kid to nursery with hand, foot, and mouth disease and that we all need to keep a close eye on our kids because someone doesn’t know when to stay home. If it wasn’t bad enough someone brought one of their kids into nursery a two weeks ago with LICE! UGHHHHHHHHH!!!!! SERIOUSLY????????

Leave your sick kids at home, or take them with you to your class. Then you can spread lice or whatever else to the relief society.  You’re not going to go to hell if you stay at home when your kid’s sick (at least I'm pretty sure). Maybe I should take Ellie to class with me until she’s in young women’s to avoid the next rabies epidemic. not really.  haha

Crazy mom? Hormonal? Probably, but I have a point.

I think I'm going to make a sign and put it outside the nursery.

On second thought, it's only going to get worse right?  With school and stuff... I don't know.

2 comments:

Stephanie C. said...

I hear ya. There were always crazy things flying around nursery when Lily was in there and Preston starts on Sunday. I try not to think about all the nastiness in there. But seriously, I hope I never get to the point where I don't care if my kid has a disease and take them into public anyway. Good luck and wash her hands before you leave the church. That helped cut down on the sickies for us.

Job and Rachael said...

Ahhhhhh! Seriously! Gross.
On a happy note, that picture of El bel is the cutest! :)