After talking to my mom and a girl named Jen (from work) I decided to put in for a table at the hospital's craft show. Depending on the day I am really optimistic about the whole thing, and then other days I get intimidated and wonder why I signed up in the first place. So for my table I'm going to be advertising my photography, selling painted canes, walkers, and maybe some other things but I got enough work to do as it is. One of the major motivators to keep me going is knowing my friend Emily, from Boston, is coming down to sell stuff with me. I am so glad she is coming.
So I made business cards to hand out (bleed margins included) (yay for free), and a website to refer people to.
You like the website? I got suckered into it but there is nothing to do about it now, and I think it looks pretty good so I'm just going to take it with a grain of salt. I am still working on it though so things are going to be changing. Another thing I have to do is still go through the archives of cd's in the basement and get my higher quality images on the website, and that is going to be a pain and a half. This is why I need an external hard drive.
Another thing, I have been trying to use illustrator to design stuff for this and I have come to the conclusion that this program is going to take forever to learn. I think it is waaayyyy harder to learn than photoshop and I can't just whip stuff out in a decent timeframe. That little logo-y thing on my business card took me like 3 hrs. And those of you who know how to use illustrator are probably shaking your head and saying "you rookie…" But hey, I'll take any advice I can get.
So other than the website corrections I need to make I am going to be painting canes and walkers. I painted one cane so far, but I need to order more now, while I am working on the walker. I tried to make a flier about the canes in illustrator but I don't like how it was turning out so I quit. haha. I couldn't figure out how to do any of the stuff I wanted with their tools so I just tried to free-hand-it on the mouse, and i think it is just a smidge higher up a notch from an elementary schooler playing on everyones favorite program, Paint.
I still don't know how to color in the background on illustrator... I really want to know because that "live paint bucket tool is not letting me do anything. But yeah, and I just learned about what vector is... soooo amazing! So, yeah, that is what I have been doing.
I still don't know how to color in the background on illustrator... I really want to know because that "live paint bucket tool is not letting me do anything. But yeah, and I just learned about what vector is... soooo amazing! So, yeah, that is what I have been doing.


2 comments:
Everything looks great! The business cards, the logo, the website! :) Way to go! Also, what hospital do you work at?
I feel like we're so close to each other and yet so far away. We need to arrange a visit k.
The site and card look good. I'm curious what are you using for your site or do you have someone making it for you?
Post a Comment