Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The nifty fifty!

Santa blessed me well for Christmas,  I am now a proud owner of a new prime lens!  YAY!  Man, I must have been good or something.  I wanted one for a while (but esp now since the little one is coming.)  So when our family went on a hike up Sugarloaf Mountain to enjoy the 60 degree weather we took this bad boy out for a test run.  So please don't judge us, because this was mainly a learning experience.  I still have so much to get comfortable with it is just exciting!  I found this site and this site that give good tips getting the sharpest image and now I want to go out and shoot again!
 McKay snapped these of me on my rest/break trying to climb up huge rocks.  Please excuse the messy wild-woman mama-bear hair and lack of makeup. 




Thank you santa!
And if any of you have tips or stories about prime lenses, low f stops, bokeh, and getting the sharpest pictures ever please tell me.  I love hearing about what works for other people.

1 comment:

The Gray Family said...

Fun! let me know what you find out. I got a 60D camera, and some lenses including a prime lens for christmas. Still trying to figure them out. I will have to take a photography class sometime. My goal is to be able to do baby pics, and portraits, and family pics so that I don't have to pay to have them done. You are looking so cute as a pregnant lady!