Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Gourmet night-Oct

My lovely downstairs neighbor, Rachael, belongs to the gourmet dinner club in the Cambridge ward and invited me to help her.  We used plastic leaves from the dollar store to set up a cool leaf chandelier.

 Rachael carved holes in the tops of apples perfectly sized to fit tea light candles.  These look so cool when they are burning.
 I got a few stems of flowers, leaves and berries at the dollar store and tied them together with raffia at each place setting.
All and all I think setting up for the party cost less than $20.  The ladies escaped from their refuges in Cambridge, trekked over to East Boston, and brought their dish to fit with the theme: Apples and/or Cinnamon.
 It's actually been a while since we had the party so I don't remember all the food that was there but there was apple goatcheese tartlets, a yummy squash soup that had cinnamon croutons, wassail, a spicy mexican chocolate cake that had cayenne pepper in it and topped with cinnamon whipped cream, yummy salads, and cranberry apple sausage stuffing.  
It was awesome and I was ready to burst by the end which kinda stunk b/c I couldn't eat the rest of the apple tartlet thing which was SO amazingly good. But I really wanted to eat it all!

1 comment:

Job and Rachael said...

That was so much fun :) Thanks for helping me with it, and thanks for posting these pictures!