Life just flies by sometimes doesn't it? I went back Maryland and worked a million 12 hr shifts at the hospital and made a little bit of cash to come home with. And now I have a couple weeks before I have to go back down and do it again. It's a really nice job I just wish I could do it in Boston.
I got a call from a Boston temp service about a job while I was at work and I asked the temp lady if I could quickly research the company and call her back. You know, just basic stuff like what the company does, where it is located, ect. Turns out it would be perfect and I called her back five mins later and she said she gave it to someone else. AHHHHHRRRRGGGG! *ripping out hair* Maybe that was their cruel April Fool's day joke. Not very funny.
Here is my typical work day in Maryland:
4:30-Wake up and get ready
5:30-Drive to work
6:00-Park in offsite parking and get picked up by shuttle bus
6:30-Arrive at hospital
7:00-Start work
12:00-Lunch (text McKay)
12:30-Go back to work
7:00-Off work (call shuttle)
7:30-Arrive at parking lot and drive home (call McKay)
8:00-Arrive home, take shower, get ready for bed
9:00-Misc. (laundry, call McKay again, talk to family, ect) and go to bed
I know a lot of you are like "oh, that's not that bad", and it isn't but it is really hard to wake up the third and fourth 12 hr shift in a row.
So here is my desk at the hospital. Pretty nice aint it? I like it.
(sorry about all the low quality pictures, they are from my phone)
(sorry about all the low quality pictures, they are from my phone)
And here is the break room and some of the hallway. (We have 30 patients on our unit)
If I had a moment to spare after work I would play this game. It is so fun!!! I love it! Zelda had always been my favorite game to play but this one might just replace it. Sorry I love dorky things! It is just so AWESOME!!
I had a day off once and I went to the Habitat for Humanity Re-Store down in historical Frederick and bought these interior shutters for $10 a pair!!!! AMAZING! I always loved old homes that had these in them and I told myself I would have them one day! YESS!
This is pretty random but here is a pretty nice slideshow of around town. Whoever took these photo's I like. Hopefully it will round up a little inspiration for me to go outside and take pictures. It looks so warm and toasty that's what I could really use right now! It is kinda sad that the day before I left Maryland it was 80°
Well that day has come and I buffed, cleaned, repaired, and primed them. All I have left is to paint them!!
Well that day has come and I buffed, cleaned, repaired, and primed them. All I have left is to paint them!!
Now the comes the most difficult part: Choosing the paint color. UGGHHH! I have no idea! I have two ideas- Keep them white (I won't look back at white and be like "Eww why did I paint it THAT color.") or I could paint them light blue (to go with my curtains in the kitchen, but it may or may not look awesome). But I just have NO idea. Please help me! What do you think?
Here is another option. Crackle. I wouldn't do it all over, maybe just on the edges. As you can see I only got it to work once, my other three attempts didn't work. Is it just me or is crackle paint pretty fickle?
(I also layered the crackle serum on really thick on one side and really thin on the other to see what kind of difference it would make. Well, applying the serum on thin will give you thin cracks and applying it thick will give you the thick cracks.) Pretty neato!






2 comments:
Ooo I love those! I'd say keep them white. White is so clean, you can always easily change curtains someday. And crackle IS so fickle. I promised myself to never use it again when I ruined a project once. That is a long day at the hospital Jess. One of these days you should call me during your break... :)
I say go for color. It is only paint if you live with it and don't like it paint them again. I just spent the whole weekend repainting the kitchen cabinets. I seriously can't believe it is that warm. It snowed yesterday. uggg. Love you guys
Post a Comment