Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Patriot's Day

April 18th (Patriot's Day/Marathon Monday) is a state holiday up here in Boston.  Kinda like Pioneer day in Utah.  The traditional thing to do is to go see the reenactment battle of Lexington and Concord and then hit the Boston Marathon.  McKay and I didn't go to the reenactment, instead we watched the marathon on TV, and then when the runners were 30 mins away from the finish line we got on the T and met them at the finish line. So here we are!
 Just in case you don't recognize this place, this is where the public library is. It was pretty packed and very slow moving.  The people on the opposite sidewalk as us were sitting in bleachers, but I am pretty sure they had to pay big bucks for those seats!
 Yeah, and those flags are pretty cool, until the wind blows and blocks your view of all the runners. Poor planning.

 These people definitely had the best spot in the lot!
 So this guy crossing the finish line was definitely not the first person to cross, but look at his time! Amazing!
Next year we will try a different spot, like Heartbreak Hill. 
 It was pretty fun and enjoyable.  I wished I could have stayed longer.  But alas, I had to cut it off early to head to the airport and go to work.


2 comments:

Job and Rachael said...

Great pictures :) Heartbreak hill was a fun area, I totally recommend it. But how fun to be right at the finish line! Hope work went well for ya. We need to get together and hang out soon :)

Braiden & Sharon Willey said...

So fun! That picture of McKay with your suitcase is kinda sad...