Saturday, April 16, 2011

Art Night

My friend Emily has given us rides to church, and we have had each other over for Sunday dinner. After a while we both discovered that we loved printmaking, and art in general.  So for the past couple days we have gotten together to make stuff and have had SO MUCH FUN!
 I worked on linoleum blocks while Emily worked on a collage.  It has been way too long since I have done something like this.  I grabbed a leftover block I had from college and started carving.
Since I don't own printing ink I used acrylic paint. It doesn't really work that great, but it was the only thing I had.  It was more like a mix between mono printing and linoleum.  The main problem I had was the paint drying too quickly and ripping the paper.
 Here are Emily's projects
 My practice prints
More experimenting
 So here are two prints I liked in my $2 flea market frames
 And I hung them up in the kitchen.  Did you notice my $3 ikea shelves too?  It looks nicer than a blank wall. I love them. 
Soaking my painting tray.  
It looked cooler before I accidentally sloshed the water and messed it up but i think it still looks cool.

I recommend if you haven't done something that your really enjoy (playing an instrument, taking pictures, swimming, hiking, or whatever floats your boat) that you make time for it and do it. Stop procrastinating! You'll thank yourself for it later.