Sunday, February 13, 2011

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! I LOVE (AND MISS) YOU!

This is an early post, but I won't have time tomorrow. Unfortunately Jessica and I won't be spending Valentine's Day together. Sad, I know. Lately I have been thinking about how lucky I am to have such a wonderful woman in my life. SHE'S THE BEST THING IN MY LIFE! Okay, here it goes– my feeble attempt to express my love to my love. The only problem with that is– I suck, oh, and Shakespeare and Wordsworth said it already. As I was forced to take a poetry class because I somehow failed organic chemistry, I grew to love these poems. Perfectly succinct, just the way a man would write. I hope you like them.
A Red Red Rose

O my luve's like a red, red rose,
That's newly sprung in June;
O my luve's like a melodie
That's sweetly played in tune.

As fair art thou, my bonie lass,
So deep in luve am I;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a' the seas gang dry.

Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi' the sun:
O I will love thee still, my dear,
While the sands o' life shall run.

And fare thee well, my only luve!
And fare thee weel a while!
And I will come again, my luve,
Tho' it were ten thousand mile!
–William Wordsworth–

Sonnet 116

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
Oh, no! it is an ever-fixed mark,
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come;
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.
–William Shakespeare–

Sorry if you puked after reading that, but I love these two poems and I love Jess. Valentine's Day is the only day where it's acceptable, and quite frankly, encouraged to be mushy, sappy, love stricken and/or dorky, as long as it's in the name of love. 

Next topic: little moments. I found myself laughing (and not just to myself) on my way to school on Friday, because I was thinking about all the weird, funny, wonderful things Jessica does. It's the aggregation of the little things that has made me love Jessica even more over the years. This is funny, so check it out:

No comments: